Do you want to meet the English to Dutch translator behind BlacKKite Translations?
I am Erwin van Wouw (1973), a native speaker of Dutch born and raised in the Netherlands. My wife, children, cat, and I live in the city of Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Before I entered the translation industry, I went through a vocational school of electrical engineering and worked as a qualified printer, webmaster, and system administrator.
I have been working as a qualified English to Dutch translator for over 15 years to help companies turn their English technical documentation into flawless and natural flowing Dutch.
The following case study showcases how I approach and tackle commonly occurring translation issues.
view Dutch showcase translation
I listen carefully to your needs and, in case of doubt, I will not hesitate to ask for clarification. I am responsive, have a high sense of ownership and respect agreements and deadlines.
In 2015, I was admitted to the Proz.com Certified PRO Network, which is a network of professional translators who have proven that they meet or exceed professional standards as outlined in the EN 15038 standard for translation quality and translation competence.
view client testimonials
Continuing Professional and Organizational Development
As an avid learner, I am constantly looking to further enlarge my specialist expertise with carefully chosen ongoing training in various areas.
My technical specialty areas include industrial manufacturing, sustainable technology
, printing equipment, consumer electronics, and IT. I have recently completed courses on topics such as:
- Blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Ambient computing
- Regular expressions and wildcard characters
- HTML and CSS
- See more...
- CAT tools (memoQ certified)
- Internet of things (IoT)
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Content optimization
- Software localization
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Dutch technical writing
- Renewable energies: wind power & solar power
- Industrial materials
- The automotive industry
- Software translation
- Simplified Technical English (STE)
- Industrial safety
- App localization
- Translating for the IT industry
- Final editing
- Terminology management
- Customer satisfaction
- Project management
- Post-MT editing
- Website translation
- English to Dutch freelance translator since 2007
- Technology-oriented translator since 2012
- 4+ years of experience as an English to Dutch subtitler
Experience in Other Industries:
- Network administrator (2 years)
- The printing industry (9 years)
- Instrument maker (1 year)
- Electrical engineer (<1 year)
full CV on LinkedIn
- Bachelor's degree in English to Dutch translation
- Secondary vocational training in electrical engineering
- Primary vocational training in electrical engineering
- ProZ Certified PRO English to Dutch translator
- Certified memoQ translator
- Certified English to Dutch SNEVT translator
- Certified web offset printer