Do you want to meet the face behind BlacKKite technical translations?
I am Erwin van Wouw (1973), a native speaker of Dutch born and raised in the Netherlands. My wife, children, cat, and I live in the city of Utrecht.
Before I entered the translation industry, I went through a vocational school of electrical engineering and worked as a qualified printer, webmaster, and system administrator.
I have worked as a qualified Dutch translator since 2007 to help companies turn their English technical documentation into flawless and natural flowing Dutch.
The following case study showcases how I approach commonly occurring translation issues.
view Dutch showcase translation
I listen carefully to your needs and, in case of doubt, I will not hesitate to ask for clarification. I am responsive, have a high sense of ownership and respect agreements and deadlines.
In 2015, I was admitted to the Proz.com Certified PRO Network, which is a network of professional translators who have proven that they meet or exceed professional standards as outlined in the EN 15038 standard for translation quality and translation competence.
view client testimonials
Continuing professional and organizational development
As an avid learner, I am constantly looking to further enlarge my specialist expertise with carefully chosen ongoing training in various areas.
My specialty areas include industrial manufacturing, sustainable technology, printing equipment, consumer electronics, and IT. I have recently completed courses on topics such as:
- Blockchain en distributed ledgers
- Ambient computing
- Regular expressions and wildcard characters
- HTML and CSS
- See more...
- CAT tools (memoQ certified)
- Internet of things (IoT)
- Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- Content optimization
- Software localisation
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Technical writing
- Renewable energies: wind power & solar power
- Industrial materials
- The automotive industry
- Software translation
- Simplified Technical English (STE)
- Industrial safety
- App localisation
- Translating for the IT industry
- Final editing
- Terminology management
- Customer satisfaction
- Project management
- Post-MT editing
- Website translation
- Freelance translator since 2007
- Technology-oriented since 2012
- 4+ years of experience as a subtitler
Experience in other industries:
- Network administrator (2 years)
- The printing industry (9 years)
- Instrument maker (1 year)
- Electrical engineer (<1 year)
full CV on LinkedIn
- Bachelor's degree in English to Dutch translation
- Secondary vocational training in electrical engineering
- Primary vocational training in electrical engineering
- ProZ Certified PRO translator
- Certified memoQ translator
- Certified SNEVT translator
- Certified web offset printer